Saturday, November 19, 2011

Irritation Update

Things did not go quite as planned with irrigation last night. 

I schlepped up to 35th Ave. and did those gates at 10:00 (they keep them well greased, so it's pretty easy, just takes a lot of turns of the wheel to open one set and close the other) and then came home and crawled into bed.  Watched a little TV, and then went to sleep.  

Alex came home as scheduled at 12:40 to do his part, only to see water pouring down the street from a house upditch from us, and also find NO water in our yard.  He was 'kind' enough to wake them up before their house got flooded (for some reason they had their gates set to take water, although they weren't signed up), and then woke me up to see what he should do.  Unfortunately, I had to instruct him to open our gates; if we'd taken our 2 hours of water it would have screwed up the schedules of everyone else on the system.

So - no water for us this cycle, and I still got to get up at 12:40.  Certainly not a win-win situation for me!!!

Here's hoping that my plans for the rest of the day make up for it: 
QUILT, QUILT, QUILT!
 Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment