Sunday, May 24, 2015

Yesterday was a busy day - though I certainly didn't get ANYTHING done that I 'needed' to.  But I'm really glad I went to celebrate Carol's birthday with her.  Here she's blowing out the candle on one of my Angel Food Cake cupcakes.

  
Mindy and Greg were in from Kentucky for the celebration, and will be moving Carol to an Assisted Living apartment on 19th Ave. (not far from Betty) on Monday before they have to fly home on Tuesday.  After 3 months in rehab, Carol's more than ready for her own place!  


She says she can walk fairly well now with a walker once she's up, but is still having some difficulty actually making that transition.  Once that's under control she should be able to move from Assisted Living (on the 2nd floor) to Independent Living (on the first floor) and get to start gardening again.  


On Wednesday, after Busy Bees, 
I'm planning to pop over and check out her new digs.



Here's the photo I promised yesterday's of Tom's new wineglass. 
(Funny angle - the writing really is even from the top of the glass!) 
 

What was truly amazing was how the guy ground the letters into the wineglass.... freehand, as I watched!  


In case you had a little difficulty reading it, it says PEBBLEPIMP 
(which is a nickname for a geologist.) 



Guess now I'll start thinking about unpacking, 
and then (maybe) tackling my mail.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment