Saturday, May 30, 2015

I have a little time before I have to get ready to leave for the quilt show in Prescott, so what better time to start posting pix from the Texas portion of my recent trip?



These sheep were always hanging out nearby, 
enjoying (like me!) all the Texas wildflowers!


And this was the patio outside 'my' bedroom, 
complete with dalmation standing guard!

I didn't see any (other) chickens around....


but there were wild turkeys most days!



I was sad to miss the shot when a couple of Toms were wandering through these bushes that line the driveway.  The hummers and butterflies also loved them and were constant visitors; notice the two yellow ones on the purple salvia?


And speaking of hanging/walking around.... here's that stick.



I don't remember what was planted in this pot, just that it was making a welcome comeback (after Marilyn was afraid it had died.)

   
This was the only armadillo I spotted while I was there (although there are rumored to be plenty more wandering around.)



Of course I took lots of walks with Frannie and Marilyn.  Here's the view leaving their yard; that cattle guard  (very effectively!) keeps Frannie in.


The first thing Frannie did most days was to pick up one of her prized possessions that she keeps "stored" by the road.  At least this toy doesn't squeal.... any more!


Her stinky piece of wild pigskin doesn't appeal to me...


but as Dad used to say, "That's what makes horse races!"


I snapped pix of the wildflowers constantly on our walks - 
they were everywhere (along with that spotted dog!)



Even Frannie stopped to smell the flowers!


One reason they call it Hill Country.



Here's the real reason they call it Hill Country... and yes, as a matter of fact we did make that climb daily (some days more than once!)  


Nobody home in this (pre-owned?) hummer nest.


Nobody evident here, either.


Frannie down by the creek -



and back at home, taking a rest.  WE hiked a few miles on our walks...
she, of course, ran many more!



I certainly ate well while I was there, though we never did bake any cookies.  And FYI this spatula lies... I have bitten into a peanut butter cookie by mistake (it looked way too much like an oatmeal cookie!)



That's it for now - time to get showered and dressed and ready for the quilt show, where (no doubt) I will take lots of pix to share.  (Even though I haven't yet posted the ones from last weekend's show in Texas.)










No comments:

Post a Comment