Wednesday, May 6, 2015

By Wednesday morning Pippa seemed to be recovered from Tuesday's traumatic events, wanting to play tug-of-war with her toys. Sure wish I bounced back like that.

In the afternoon Mom and I visited Ann (we only got a little lost on the drive there) and, not surprisingly, spent most of our time talking about Bev.  A friend of hers had made up a memory album for Ann, and the pictures of Bev were wonderful.  It was evident that Ann really appreciated our visit; we stayed two hours but she was obviously reluctant to see us leave, just like when we lunched with her during my visit in November.  I did promise to visit next time I'm in town; though Ann will be 96 later this month she's still doing quite well.  But after losing Bev last year, and then Arthur (he was 99), she's obviously sad and lonely, so it would not be surprising if at some point she just gives up and fades away.  Too bad she's not at Riderwood, but at this late state she says she's not inclined to move.

That evening we had dinner with Cynthia and (a different) Ann, sort of an impromptu gathering of the Stitch & Bitch ladies.  Lots of laughs, as always.  Too bad the next 'field trip' (to the needlework, quilting, and yarn stores, in a row in Catonsville) is scheduled for after I've gone.  Though it's certainly not like I 'need' any more fabric...!

Andy continues to be interviewed, either via phone or on camera, as a legal analyst virtually every day as each new development (major or minor) occurs in The Case in Baltimore. Unfortunately they always air on a Baltimore station, and Mom doesn't get those on her TV. But I get to see them each evening when I get back to Mink Hollow.

It's definitely gotten humid here, despite what Mom says. Though I will admit that it's not as bad as I know it can get.  And I certainly hope to 'get out of Dodge' before that happens! Guess it's like people thinking it's hot in Arizona when it hits 100, and (knowing what's ahead) we just call that warm.

Thursday Mom and I plan to go to Columbia and shop for a table for her breakfast room.  When she got rid of the large one after Dad died she found a perfect one, but with the different wood options it needed to be ordered and she didn't want to wait the couple of months. However the small one she bought is really small even for just one person, so with two it's much too crowded.  Thus we've been eating lunch in the dining room, where there's a beautiful table with the 6 spectacular chairs that Mom made, so it's really not a hardship. <g>


No comments:

Post a Comment