Monday, May 18, 2015

Today I woke up around 5:30 - so it looks like I'm back on schedule despite yesterday's anomaly.  It was quite foggy out, so I was not that surprised to find it humid as well when we took Frannie for her morning hike down to the creek later.  Despite having taken "a whole bunch" of flower pix since my arrival, this morning I kept taking 'just one more', especially of the Mexican Hat coneflowers. Found this picture of them to share until I get home and can post some of my stunning photographs.


Marilyn checked the humidity report when we got back, and was surprised to find it "only" 60%; she thought it felt much higher.  

A shower was definitely in order, and then it was into town for a visit to the quilt store.  Of course we had no trouble finding fabrics we liked for more placemats (we've been using many of the ones I've already made) and eventually ended up making several trips to check out.  We were actually at the door, finally heading out, when Marilyn ran into Jana, who has several quilts entered in the upcoming show this weekend.  Apparently Jana is quite an accomplished quilter, and I'm sorry I'm gong to miss seeing her (and everyone else's) quilts.  While they were chatting I decided to buy a panel (and four of the coordinating fat quarters) displayed right by the door.  I now have fabrics to make Marilyn three different sets of four placemats.  Fun!

On the drive home I somehow bit my tongue on the side fairly far back, immediately raising a large reddish-purple bruise.  Didn't keep me from eating <g> but it was quite sore all day! I hope it's calmed down by tomorrow morning.

Lazy afternoon, even stretched out on the bed with thoughts of a nap.  Never actually fell asleep, but it still felt good.  Humidity is draining, especially when you're not used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment