Saturday, May 9, 2015

This morning Emily came over with Charlie and Harry, and her two (Sierra and Gordon?), and I took lots of pictures of them (with Sandy & Andy) with the four kids holding "we're proud of you" signs as a surprise for Ed, who has stopped smoking.  Between Emily's camera, Sandy's, and mine, I most likely snapped at least one where all seven of them look good.

I picked up Mom and we headed to her favorite furniture store, in Columbia.  Once we got there I can see why she wanted to shop there. Virtually everything in there appealed to me; I also like that  Scandinavian style of furniture.  Over the years Mom has gotten many nice pieces there - and so have Sandy and Andy.  I'm happy to report that it was a successful foray since Mom did order a teak table, though unfortunately she'll have to wait about a month for its arrival.

We got a little lost heading for home, and ended up going the 'long way around the barn', but between u-turns (and stopping to ask how to find our way to Route 29) we managed.  After lunch we played some Rummikub, then went downstairs so I could take a picture of Oglethorpe. (More on him once I get home and can post his picture.)

I stopped at the cemetery to "visit" Dad, and found his stone was again sunk and covered with mud.  I cleaned it up the best I could with what I had, but am going to have to contact the folks there (again) so they can reset the stone - again!

As I was driving down the private road to Mink Hollow I could see Marilyn pulling into their driveway right ahead of me.  Talk about perfect timing.  Frannie and Pippa have been enjoying each other and getting along famously - just like I expected.  Just to be on the safe side we separated them for their dinners - but later on they found one of Pippa's many bones stashed around the house, and basically passed it back and forth with absolutely no aggression from either one of them. Marilyn's life is a little more complicated because Frannie "decided" to go into season now, but otherwise the dogs are not going to be a problem.

I had thought the dog show was like the one a couple of months ago in Scottsdale, with various breeds. It turns out that this was the national Dalmatian show - so it was all Dalmations... and considerably more than 101 of them!

We ate a late dinner (the chicken did not want to cooperate) though everything was delicious.  Somehow all of a sudden <g> it was after 10:00, so we're heading off to bed.  But more socializing and partying is on tap for tomorrow, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment