Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pippa chose to sleep with me again last night.  When I got up around 5:00 to pee I was afraid she'd "insist" on being taken outside to do the same. But when I got back into bed she also went back to sleep. So I logged another few hours of shut-eye.

Mid-morning we walked over to the Farmer's market in "their" park.  Pippa went with us, and made lots of friends.  While there we ran into the woman who bought Andy &Sandy's original beach house  up the street.  Pam and her husband had sold their "regular" house and are now in Ocean Pines full-time but now looking for a larger place (same reason Andy & Sandy moved).  When they heard about the nice house next door that had just gone up for sale (at a very good price) Pam thought it sounded great.  So when Mom and I took a walk up the street this afternoon I stopped in with a house flier for her.

We celebrated Mom's birthday, and she opened her gifts.  



Mom loved the giraffe purse I made her, Patti.  One of her gifts from Sandy & Andy was a wonderful foldable cup holder for her walker (which Sandy and I installed for her), and the other was a gift certificate for books to put on her Kindle.  Once Sandy helped Mom figure out how to load books onto the Kindle, mom was off and running.

Lazy day - lots of Rummikub, and entertainment courtesy of Pippa.  Crabs tonight, and the Kentucky Derby.


No comments:

Post a Comment