Sunday, May 31, 2015

Last night I was up reading until after midnight (though didn't quite finish my book), so I was a little surprised to wake up before 6:00 


when I did finish it.


At least I've gotten a good headstart working on yesterday's quilt pix, so thought I'd post a few before today gets away from me.  I do have to make a trip to the grocery store today (I'm on Breakfast Duty with 'the girls' this coming week) and pack (after I do laundry) and Patti's coming over this afternoon.  Haven't seen her since before I left on my 3-week trip, and after she finishes up work the end of this coming week she'll immediately head off on their family vacation and won't be back for 3 weeks.  (I'm driving her - and Gary, of course - to the airport.)



Quilt Challenges are always fun; it never ceases to amaze me when I see all the creative ways in which different quilters rise to the challenge.  


Thumb Butte Quilters wanted to celebrate their 20th anniversary, 
and (as 'instructed') I certainly enjoyed their 68 versions!


Here are just a few of their 20" x 20" mini-quilts.







Now this quilter has a place to house her quilting pins!





As always, it was difficult to narrow down my vote for Viewer's Choice (even though we did get to select 3 quilts and not just 1, as is sometimes the case at shows.)  My criterion centers around the thought "if I could walk out of here with one of these under my arm to take home, which one would it be?"  That's never an easy choice...


or a quilter to pick a favorite quilt?

But this Birds of Arizona quilt was a no brainer!


Some of the blocks turned out a little washed out in my photos, 
but believe me when I say the quilt was stunning!

















No comments:

Post a Comment