Wednesday, February 11, 2015

This morning I left for quilting a little before 9:00, heading north on 35th Ave. to the Loop 101.  Up ahead at the school I noticed one of the crossing guards running out into the street, and at first I thought the sign had fallen over.  Then I noticed something in the street; it looked like something large had fallen off of a vehicle and I figured the crossing guard was going to move it out of the line of traffic.  But when I got up there I could see it was a motorcyclist on the ground!  His bike was down, off to the side of the road, and a truck was also pulled over.  Maybe the biker had swerved and gone down, as opposed to being hit by a vehicle?  As I was waved by, I could see that the man was trying to get up, so hopefully he wasn't badly hurt! 



Busy quilting meeting, longer than usual.  My back was not happy sitting that long, but at least I did get another letter done on Pax's bib.  Many of the ladies forgot to bring their placemats from the class a couple of weeks ago.  Here are those of us (Mary, Louise, Gena, and Sue) who remembered to bring ours.  (Notice how the arrow is pointing right to me?  lol)



I like Ellen's idea of using 3 fabrics for her disappearing 4-patch blocks instead of just 2 (the way I've been doing it.)  Gives me an idea for using up yet more of my scraps!



Sharon is doing a 'snowman of the month' project.  Here's January's, made up into an ornament.  She was still working on February's.  I'm really curious to see what the summer snowmen look like!



Janie brought in this cute panel quilt some of her friends made her.



Yolanda shared this "picture" of her grandson.



Carolyn M. brought in several goodies, including this Sunbonnet Sue quilt for friends who are expecting a little girl this spring.  (Yes, Linda was definitely eyeing this one!)



Darlene had scored some Star Wars fabric and whipped up 3 variations on a theme. 






Plus this pretty scrap quilt.



Linda had some sad news to report re the latest drama in the continuing saga of her 13-month-old great-grandson Zahn's year-long custody battle.  The outcome has still not been decided, but it doesn't sound good.  I know I'm only getting one side of the story, but everything I've heard makes me seriously wonder what the folks in charge are thinking!  It's definitely a stressful situation, but I am still hoping it all works out.  



On my way home I picked up a book waiting for me at the library, Deep Down Dark (the one about the 33 men trapped in the mine in Chile.)  It took me a while to float to the top of the list, and I'm looking forward to diving into it tonight.



Once home I tackled the two overgrown olive trees out back.  It took a while (and my back continues to kvetch at me) but it certainly looks much better out there now!  The pool, however, could use a little TLC.



Speaking of TLC, I think I'll treat my back to a soak now!


No comments:

Post a Comment