Friday, February 20, 2015

This afternoon I stopped in at the hospital to visit Carol.  She seemed to be doing well, and though her pain meds were wearing off she didn't seem to be in too much pain.  Expectations are for her to be released in the next couple of days to a rehab center.  After that, I'm not sure.  Her house is not walker-friendly, so it could be time for her to think about other arrangements.  Just the other day she was telling me she would move "when it was time".  Hint, hint!  


I had a couple of hours at home before I had to head out to rendezvous with Gloria at 35th Ave. to set up for tomorrow, so I did a little reading in my recliner.  When I got tired I closed my eyes, and (for the first time ever) actually drifted off to sleep in it.  Good thing I'd set my alarm!


I arrived at 35th Ave. about ten minutes early, but before I could get out of the car Gloria pulled into the spot right next to me.  Good timing!  Surprisingly the new quilt stand did not come with any assembly directions (!) but we got it set up without too many complications.  However there was a wrinkle with getting it set into place, and putting up a table (too long a story to go into) so after waiting half an hour I finally left.  I had hoped to be all ready beforehand, but will just have to do those last minute things tomorrow.


Before I left I picked out my 4 fabrics for the upcoming portrait class; I'd planned to do it tomorrow since I'll be there all day, but apparently the place is a zoo on Black Bag Day, and it was "suggested" that I take care of that today.  I still need to wash/iron the fabrics (I don't usually pre-wash, but apparently the Steam-A-Seam II will work better that way) but I can do that on Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment