Sunday, February 22, 2015


Summer's baby shower was, as expected, a lot of fun.  We played several games, and although I didn't win any of them I at least came close in one (cutting a piece of yarn to match her girth.)  Naturally the best part was watching her open the gifts, since baby clothes are adorable; I especially loved the crab outfit someone brought (for when he's being crabby?) My owl quilt fit right in with the owl theme, and was properly admired. I will say the weather could have been better; it was overcast and windy, making it downright chilly for most of us.


Of course I realize MY definition of "chilly" would make some of my friends laugh.  Rich just posted this on Facebook.  Gotta love his positive attitude!

"Could be worse. For example, 
if I lived in Jacksonville [-23] instead of Quincy [-21]."


Since there's a chance of rain tonight/tomorrow, when I got home I mowed the backyard to make it nice and spiffy before Frannie's arrival (on Wednesday?)  Then I went over to Patti's and got my hair cut, and then finally caught Kathi at home and delivered the baby quilt to her.


Tonight's the Oscars, so I plan to just curl up on the couch 
and stay awake as late as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment