Wednesday, February 18, 2015

It took me all morning to make the bias binding for the wedding quilt, and around lunchtime I stitched it on; now it just needs the final hand-stitching (which I started this afternoon.)  I had worried I might not have quite enough of the left-over backing fabric, but luckily there was more than enough to go around.



Laura stopped by today with Foothills' opportunity quilt and quilt stand (I'm going to spend Saturday at 35th Ave. selling raffle tickets) and she had another penguin bracelet for me; now I have a purple one and an orange one.  She liked Tommy's quilt so much that she took a copy of the pattern with her.

  

This afternoon I took advantage of the perfect weather to finish mowing the front yard, and then trimmed all the bushes out there. Meanwhile Tom dragged all the bulk trash (mostly tree trimmings) out to the street for the upcoming pickup, and did a lot of weed-eating and hedge trimming. The yard is looking quite nice.



And look who came back for a visit... Mr. & Mrs. Mallard.  However since we're not big fans of duck poop in the pool I 'encouraged' them to leave.


Notice all the oranges on the ground?  I just picked up all of the fallen ones yesterday, but obviously I'm not quite keeping up with the droppage.  And I still have half a jug of juice in the frig, plus a large full bowl of oranges on the counter waiting to be juiced. 



Also did you notice the dandelions on the other side of the fence
in the Back 40?  Tom just mowed it yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment