Friday, February 13, 2015

I have hardly been able to put down the book about the mine rescue in Chile, and by the time I turned out my light last night was about 2/3 of  the way through it.  Once I'm done I'll pass it along to Tom, who is next in line to read it; he's sure to get even more out of it since there is (understandably) a fair amount of geology and mining information in it.


Last week and this I've been enjoying Jeopardy's Teacher Tournament, but will miss the final, airing tonight, when I am at neighborhood Bunko.  


Of course I've set up the TV to tape it, and may even watch it once I get home tonight.  (Sometime today I have to devil the eggs I boiled up yesterday to take over to add to the usual array of dinner goodies.)




Today I plan to mail the Texas birthday gifts (probably should wrap them first...), drop off Annaliza's birthday gift at Bell Ford (where Patricia will pick it up sometime in the next few days when she's on this side of town), and also finally meet Thomas, who is now almost ten days old!



I didn't have much luck finding the fence company that originally installed our chain-link fence out back "sometime" before we moved in; they seem to be out of business.  Between flood irrigation and heavy vines that have grown through the fence (and 'possibly' Pokey pushing on it) one section is leaning outward at quite an angle.  Tom and I tried to brace it up without much success, so it looks like it's time to bring in someone who knows what he's doing.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment