Monday, December 30, 2013

Tom spent a couple of hours on the phone with COX today, trying to figure out the source of the problem with the computer.  By process of elimination, it's been decided that the router is to blame - and a new one will be here tomorrow afternoon.  In the meantime, my computer is hooked in directly and should be fine; Tom, however, will not be able to use his laptop, and my iPad will also be down for the count.

Could (always!) be worse!

I've been looking for a notebook I know I have (somewhere!!!), and to that end have been mucking off shelves and desks.  While I haven't yet found the notebook (and am running out of places to look) at least the trashcan is rapidly filling with all the stuff I'm throwing away!

I had a nice long soak in the hot tub (hopefully that will help stave off any soreness tomorrow from this morning's workout), and am enjoying the book I'm currently reading.  One of the things I found (while mucking the homework desk) is an algebra worksheet meant to help Alex prepare for an exam.  Think I'll go 'take' that test now... like doing a crossword puzzle.  No, I'm not crazy.

And speaking of crosswords, I usually enjoy the quirks in the NYTimes Sunday puzzle (except when there's more than one letter in a box - that drives me nuts.)  Last week's "A Cut Above The Rest" had me a little confused at first (what kind of tree has only the letter U in it?  yews) but it all worked out once I caught on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment