Monday, December 9, 2013

Another busy Monday.  As usual, I started off at the gym with Jim.  We did exercises on the mat, and just like the last time (at least 3 weeks ago) it was uncomfortable, verging on painful, to lie on my left hip.  No bruise shows, so I have no idea what the issue is.  Jim listed a whole bunch of possibilities.


On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up my Rx, and it turned out all 3 refills were there.  
How nice to have to make only one trip.

After I changed out of my workout clothes I headed over to the lab for my blood draw.  I took my almost- filled canister of used needles (did order a second one, which will be arriving with tomorrow's shipment) figuring the lab would be a great place to turn them in.  But the woman at the desk (not the same one I saw weekly for all those months) was hesitant to accept them, and called someone/somewhere to 'check on their policy'.  
Which apparently is not to accept others' needles.  Oh well.  But when I was called in (an hour later - very busy there, even going late morning) the tech who drew my vials offered to take the needles.  So I let her!

Home for a quick lunch of nice hot soup (it's cold today!) and then off to PT.  My hour went fast, and the therapy is much easier for my back than my shoulder.  Many are exercises I already do and so my body is used to them.  Afterward, Noelle did some work on my back, and boy did she find ALL the sore spots.  To top it off at the end I got to lie on the table with a nice, big heat pad on my back.  It was very relaxing (I almost went to sleep) and felt like jello when I got off of the table.

Last stop was JoAnn's, to pick up some stabilizer to use when embroidering.  
Glad I had a 50% off coupon; that stuff is expensive!

On the way home stopped in at Jeannie's to see if they're coming to dinner Thursday (Tom's smoking a brisket.)  We'd originally invited them for Tuesday, but she's got quilting that night.  And Wednesday she was also busy.  I wondered why I hadn't heard back about Thursday... and it turned out she never got my final text.  Sure enough, there it was in the DRAFTS folder, when (of course) I'd just assumed it'd sent.

Tom had been out doing some holiday shopping today, and he stepped out his truck funny and put out his back.  He's having a hard time getting in/out of a chair, and must be pretty miserable: he's (finally) taken my suggestion and is on the heating pad while we watch the football game in Chicago.  It's absolutely frigid there (everyone is VERY bundled up, except for the actual players) and it feels good to be inside under a nice warm afghan. 

Have started an excellent book, The Paris Architect.  I may just give up on the game and read!


No comments:

Post a Comment