Tuesday, July 2, 2013

problem solved?

It would appear that all of a sudden, my blog requires a title for each entry.  

A simple enough fix... but (of course!) it could have been even simpler if Blogspot had sent notice of the change, or even if it had just said "Title Required".

And speaking of fixing things, this morning Creepy was not moving.  I cleaned out both filters at the pump, emptied the in-pool bag, and checked his flaps.  None of that worked, so I took him apart and found a chunk of cement up inside.  The good news is that I was able to put him back together (not always a given!), and the really good news is that he's happily creeping along now.

Alex came by after work yesterday to mow the back ditch.  It was badly overgrown, and REALLY needed mowing.  He was so floored by how high the weeds had grown that he took pix to show me, but I had seen it when I set the gates, and already knew it desperately needed to be mowed.  Of course it was really hot out, and he was definitely more than ready to hop into the pool and cool off afterward.  I was invited to join him, but the moment I was about to step into the water I heard the distant rumble of thunder.  So much for getting into the water.  I learned my lessons about lightning years ago (and may even have already blogged about those two experiences.)  I let Alex stay in for just a couple of minutes (we never saw any lightening, but still!) 

My friend Mary, who lives off-the-grid between Yarnell and Prescott, is fine, although many of her friends in Yarnell have lost their homes.  Last I heard that fire was still 0% contained, and there were 400 firefighters on scene.  I also think the fire is still raging in Kingman, in the Hualapais.  Plenty of sad times to go around.

I will not be blogging for the next few days; am heading to cooler climes to spend the 4th of July with Jan in Show Low (Tom will be spending his birthday in Idaho.) 'camping' in her RV.  On my way I will pass through the small 'town' of Rye, which burned last week.  As I said earlier, all of Arizona is at risk, as well as many other western states.




No comments:

Post a Comment