Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Exercise gives you energy; it releases endorphins, and can actually give you a high. (note: I'm still waiting for that!)   

After my gym session yesterday I came home and relaxed the afternoon away, finally succumbing to a late afternoon nap... which lasted until 8:00!  Had enough (barely enough) energy to get up and cook 'dinner' (eggs), and then it was pretty much back to bed, where I slept through the night.

Our trip to Yosemite has been cancelled, so I'm going to be able to go to the Long Beach Quilt Show the first weekend in August after all.  

Which is a very good thing; after this year it's going to be held in Portland, Oregon... which is not nearly as convenient!!!  Instead of driving to CA (nowhere near enough energy for that these days) I'll be flying.  Marcela was thrilled that I'm coming, and is busy planning lots of other fun stuff to do while I'm there.

It took repeated phone calls back and forth between Aetna Specialty Pharmacy and UPS yesterday (does the right hand know what the left hand is doing???) to find out when my meds will be delivered today. 

But I finally found out that it's scheduled to arrive by 10:30 this morning (rather than 'sometime' between 9 am and 7 pm.)  Possibly because it's perishable and they want to stop being responsible for it asap?  

I'm getting quite a collection of the ice chests and ice packs, although did send last month's styrofoam container and some of the ice packs back to Tucson with Lisa, filled with some frozen fish from Tom's recent stay in Idaho.

Tom is back from the post office and is on UPS duty, so I'm off to Target for my monthly shop there.  It's cooler in the mornings, plus I need to be back home before the exterminator arrives around noon-ish.  My afternoon plan is to work on the bias binding for the big quilt - unless I'm too tired again.


And that's my exciting Tuesday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment