Sunday, July 14, 2013

I headed to the gym this morning, and did my first 'solo' workout.  I warmed up on the stairmaster (after I had to go get Alex to help me get it set right.)  Then, with training book in hand, I headed over to the leg machines.  It took me a while to get set up on each one - no question that I was a newbie.  

In fact a woman who saw that I have having trouble kindly came over and helped me out.  But everyone has to start somewhere, right?  

I just remind myself that I'm not competing with anyone else, and anything I do (I made it through the first 3 machines on my list) beats vegging on the couch.
On my way out (at least I thought I was on my way out) I saw Jim by the front, and showed him what I done.  His next appointment had just cancelled, and he went over a bunch of other things with me.  Plus he showed me some exercises to help my lower back, and also added a machine that will stretch my lower back.

Alex is working a 12-hour day today (8-8), and then he'll be picking up Garry & Karin at the airport.  But instead of taking it easy last night, he was out late; he'd forgotten that he'd agreed to be the DD for a friend.  I think it's fair to say that he did not get enough sleep (his eyes were bloodshot) and that it's going to be a very long day for him.

On the way home from the gym I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items before our guests' arrival.  Heading in from the parking lot, a car backed out of a space without checking, almost running over the woman walking ahead of me.  Yikes!  At least the rest of my shopping experience was uneventful.

Now I'm in the for rest of the day.  At some point (during his break?) Alex will come by and switch cars.  His still only runs in 2nd gear... not a vehicle you want to take on the freeway to the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment