Sunday, July 28, 2013

I had hoped to mow the backyard yesterday (that's all that's left.)  But it was too dewy early in the morning... plus it was already SO muggy out that I knew it wasn't going to happen. At least Pokey is happy with all the grass out there.

Still haven't made the rest of the binding <sigh> but I did whip together another charity baby quilt-top with the fabric I picked up at the Bees on Wednesday.
It still needs a border, but WOULD YOU BELIEVE that with all the turquoise and purple fabrics I have in my stash, not one was even remotely (!) a good match. Looks like another trip to the fabric store.  

I 'got rid' of another half dozen Marty-project tubs yesterday. Carol chose three (some for her, some for Susan and Annie, some for other Bees who would love a remembrance of Marty) and then we took another three projects over to Betty, who was thrilled with them.

The rest of the afternoon Carol and I helped Betty celebrate her birthday with family.

Tracy painted this happy Ninety Years Young block for her mom.

We were the only non-family members there - 
although Carol has been an unofficial sister to Betty for many, many years.
And since Carol 'adopted' me, that makes Betty my aunt, right?

Here's the Birthday Girl (my "Aunt" Betty!)

I was pretty tired when I got home, and (no surprise) took a late afternoon nap. This 'new' bout of exhaustion/lethargy is getting really old, and it's surprising since I had been feeling so good.

Plans for today include a possible massage; it's another 'twofer' weekend and Carol wants to take advantage of that, but may have a conflict with something at church; she'll call me from there, so I won't know until later.

Woke up at 4:00 this morning so I won't be surprised if I fade later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment