Sunday, July 14, 2013

It was nice to see Lisa yesterday for a few hours. Pokey, however, refused to come out and meet her friends, despite the lure of melon.  Over the years at Goucher, Kelsa had heard all about Pokey and seen pix. She was looking forward to finally meeting Pokey 'up close and personal'... but Pokey (who had been up and about earlier) was all tucked in for a nap and wasn't budging.  Kids!

In the afternoon I spent a little time in the pool with Lisa (and Kelsa, and Kelsa's friend Ferris) and caught up on her recent trip to the hot springs with Chas. Sounds like there are been some changes, but even though it wasn't quite the way she remembered they still enjoyed their time there.

I also (finally!) took care of a stack of paperwork that had piled up, and also paid a whole bunch of bills.

Other productivity included putting the border
on a charity rail fence preemie quilt

and also playing with some fun new fabric
and making progress on another preemie quilt.
You can see that I tried to get a 5th block out of my WOF, but was about an inch shy - at which point I decided I was done for the day.  Still deciding on borders; probably 1 inch (?) band of the white-on-black squiggles (the ones in the quilt are 2 inches), and then a wider border of the white-on-red polka dots.  This turned out cute, and I plan to make a larger one for an older kid at one of the shelters.  The happy kid-face fabric (that I picked up in Show Low) is bound to put a smile on his/her face.

Now I'm getting the guest house ready for Garry and Karin's arrival this evening.  No Sunday paper this morning (I know it's early, but 5:00 is not really that early when we're talking about paper delivery) so I can't procrastinate with the NYTimes crossword puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment