Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I miscalculated badly yesterday when I made my bias binding for the quilt, so when I went to sew it on there was only enough for 3 sides.  While not the worst mistake in the world by any means, it was still pretty annoying.  On the plus side, at least it didn't give me a headache...

I had expected that I would be on the final step last night, hand sewing it to the back.  Instead, the quilt is sitting in a pathetic heap until I can grit my teeth and muster the energy to start the binding process all over again.  

I will have it done by July 31 so I can take it to Show&Tell at Busy Bees.


This morning is Charity Day at BB, which is always fun.  


I know that what we really need are ladies to quilt the tops that have been piling up, but my skills in that area are considerably lacking - and it would be a crime to ruin a beautiful top with crappy quilting.  So I'll stick to pinning, ironing, and whatever else needs to be done.  

If all else fails, I'll just kibbitz with the ladies while they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment