Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yesterday's picture-taking at radiation went reasonably well - while it took almost 30 minutes, the techs and the oncologist were quite happy with the results.  And if they're happy, I'm happy.  I did spend the rest of the day horizontal and dozing at times, thus missing part of Jeopardy.

This morning while sitting in my chair reading the paper waiting for Carol to pick me up for Busy Bees (I was able to switch radiation to the afternoon for today) there was a loud, unsettling crash elsewhere in the house.  My initial thought was that Sapphire had tried to jump up somewhere and ended up pulling something down on top of her, but (luckily for her!) that was not the case.  It was my penguins.... one of the glass shelves collapsed!  Not sure what the damage to any of my babies is - further inspection will have to wait until later.

Quilting was enjoyable, as always.  
Here are some of the goodies from today's Show & Tell:

Betty's quilt was bright and cheery... just like her!

Pat's checkerboard start quilt was wildly bright.  She said she made a small one because she figured it was too bright to put on a bed - she was afraid it might keep the occupants awake!

Sharon's also qualified as bright!

Carol's Log Cabin (hand quilted!) showcases a setting she designed, 
and also has 'cut off' bottom corners to keep it from dragging on the floor.

Too bad you can't see the gorgeous quilting Monica did on this quilt of hers.

I like Sandy's 'Slide Show'.  It's another great idea for showcasing some of those focus fabrics I hate to cut up!

Very nice quilt of Joni's.  Picture does not begin to do it justice.

Here is a beautiful Linda Callahan appliqued quilt that Joyce recently received.

Some of the ladies are already getting a jump on the holidays.  Here a cute block Joyce worked up.

Sharon makes ornaments for her grandchildren every year.  These cuties will hold checks for her cuties.


This morning Alex (finally!) took his car into the shop to see about getting it fixed.  I know we'll both be happier once it's up and running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment