Friday, August 3, 2012

Had my most recent Echo Cardiogram yesterday, and it seemed to go well.  Of course the technician isn't allowed to say anything about the test, but it was a good sign when she didn't go racing out the door to get a doctor, right?

This time the test was performed at Banner Hospital.  As I pulled into the parking lot around 12:45 there was a covered golf cart stationed at the entrance.  The driver followed me to my parking spot and then chauffeured me to the hospital entrance, so I didn't arrive hot and sweaty from my walk.  Nice service!  Of course some women don't have to worry about that, right?
He was also there when I came out - but that that point I was less concerned about getting all sweaty (plus the warmth actually felt good after the icy temps in the hospital!) so I walked to my car.

On the way home I ran a few errands on that side of town, and later Tom and Alex and I went out to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. No nap (like the previous 3 days) but still made it to 11:00, watching the Olympics.  Proud of our women gymnasts - Gabby did a great job! 

During my driving yesterday I listened to an interview on NPR with Harvard psychologist Dr. Ellen Langer, author of Mindfulness  ("Stretches our minds in startling new directions")

 and now Counterclockwise  ("Take a brilliant, creative social scientist, without any respect for conventional wisdom and you get Ellen Langer. She is a fantastic storyteller, and Counterclockwise is a fascinating story about the unexpected ways in which our minds and bodies are connected.").

I found her research compelling, and look forward to reading the rest of her books (found the first chapters online.)  

And in a lighter vein, here's a ZITS comic from July that I can certainly relate to...

No comments:

Post a Comment