Tuesday, July 10, 2012


My bloodwork from yesterday was good, so today's chemo #11 (out of 12 this cycle) proceeded as scheduled.  Another woman I see most times hasn't been so lucky; Taxol -which I'm currently receiving - has damaged her liver, heading her toward cirrhosis, so she's had to stop the Taxol part of her chemo.  Happily, within just the first week her liver numbers have started to improve.  

The end is in sight - watch for my Happy Dance next Tuesday.  And if all went as hoped in Connecticut, Bev had her 12th (last) chemo today!!!  Hope she got to do her Happy Dance!!!

I've got an appointment to see the Radiation Oncologist on July 31, when I will also have a CT scan.  Then should start daily radiation some time the following week.  It's not set in stone, but at this point it is expected to be 30 treatments, which means 'only' 6 weeks instead of 2 months!!!  

And in the Weather Report: Yes, it's hot here in July.  We've been tying records, and flirting with setting new ones, for our nighttime LOW temps, which have been in the low 90s.  Obviously the word LOW is relative...
The "low" tonight is predicted to be 92.  And on that low note I'm signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment