Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I enjoyed watching Breanna and Jenna enjoy the pool on Monday. I've only been swimming once this summer - just too much effort all around - so nice to see it getting more use.  Pokey made an appearance and (of course!) was happy to eat the fruit the girls offered her. Carolyn had hoped Breanna would get a chance to meet Pokey, and feeding her was just an added bonus.

Still, despite the five star accommodations and plentiful food, when Pokey found the gate ajar Tuesday morning she headed off to explore the Big Bad World. Good thing our phone number is still visible on her shell; some folks discovered her cruising down the street - toward 35th Ave! - and gave us a call, so Pokey was soon back home where she belongs.

Chemo went well yesterday, although folks who witnessed my Happy Dance last Tuesday were surprised to see me back.  I've still got 9 months of every-3-weeks Maintenance Chemo to go, but that should be a 

The oncologist was concerned about my recent symptoms, but at least all my bloodwork was good. Just as a precaution I need to go back and see her on Friday; if symptoms persist she will order several tests. She did offer to let me skip chemo, but I felt up to it and we went ahead, although she did add a bag of fluids to the treatment just in case dehydration (despite all the water I drink) is the culprit. The rest of the day went fine.  Many thanks to Patti for taking me to chemo, and spending her morning waiting there with me.  Aren't good friends wonderful?!  

I got a "Can you do me a favor?" text from Lisa yesterday afternoon.  Even though I was half asleep (she does seem to have impeccable timing for waking me from naps) 

I was able to locate the book she needed, scan the requested short story (from a rather vague description), and e-mail it back to her.  Always nice to be able to do something right and redeem myself.  
I'd hate to be turned into a bear...

Willie (and his mom) stopped by after dinner yesterday to invite us to Willie's 1st birthday party in a few weeks.  He had fun visiting, and playing with Alex.  Willie seems to have developed quite an attachment to
Alex, and Alex does seem to enjoy playing with Willie.  Wish I'd taken some pix so I could share them here.  

Have I mentioned that Willie is due to become a Big Brother the end of December?
(He's probably going to have a Little Sister.)

In a bit I'm off to Busy Bees. Looking forward to another Quilt Fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment