Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mom- 
You asked me to send you balloons today when I finished up, 
and here they are!

I did  my HAPPY DANCE at 5:00 this afternoon in the chemo room to celebrate the end of this first 6 months of treatment!!!!!! (Today look much longer than usual because I had a 7th bag due to being 'indisposed' for the past week, and #7 ran very slowly until Tonya finally ramped it up after an hour and turbo-charged it.)  

 Check out the following Happy Dance clip - a tad more exotic locales than mine (!), but Patti, who was picking me up, and Nurse Tonya, as well as the one other remaining patient (and his wife, waiting for him to finish) all seemed to appreciate my glee at reaching this milestone.

Next week I start my every-3-weeks 'maintenance' chemo, which will only be Herceptin, and Benadryl. 
Both doctor and chemo nurse mentioned that it'll be much faster.... in and out in less than an hour.  Works for me, although means whoever brings me will have to sit and wait.  I'd love to be able to drive myself, but the Benadryl really knocks me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment