Monday, July 9, 2012

I will admit that I have been feeling stressed the past week or two from a number of things, but niggling away in the back of my mind was today's scheduled mammogram.  It did seem probable that all would be well at this point, with no new tumors, since I've been bombarding my body with chemo the past 6 months.  But still, there was that niggling grain of worry slinking around.

I got there a little early (no surprise there, to folks who know me) but they took me right away, which was the first surprise.  The second surprise was that I would not have to wait several days to hear the results of today's mammogram.  (That's what I've always been used to, but then again mine were always routine exams with no history of cancer, so it was never any big deal to wait to hear the usual (and expected) 'all is fine'.)
There was a (very) short wait in a pleasant room (comfy couches and stuffed chairs, lots of magazines, cold water bottles, a movie playing on the TV) until the radiologist who had done the original biopsy back in December could read the results.  
Today's mammogram turned out to show NO recurrence of the tumors - 
obviously a much happier consult with her than back in December!

After quick calls to Mom and to Tom to give them the news I swung by the lab for my weekly pre-chemo blood draw, and then as long as I was out and about I tanked up with gas and then popped into the store for some berries and a few other items.  No more running around for me today - will just take it easy for the rest of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment