Monday, September 5, 2011

photographing quilts

Thelma at http://cupcakesndaisies.blogspot.com/  has a great idea for photographing her quilts.  (Here's where you see me smacking my forehead, saying, "Why didn't I think of that?!)  
Every time the stand I use to photograph my quilts makes it into a picture on my blog I always get a few questions, like "what's that quilt holder?" and "where did you get that quilt holder?"
Well that quilt holder is one of the most handy things to have around for photographing my quilts. It sure has been nice to take pictures whenever I want and not when my last quilt holder, Mr Cupcake, was available. Plus, he could never get them perfectly level, and then after only maybe 20 shots would start complaining about the quilts getting heavy. Our lives sure have improved since I got that stand.  It's really not even a quilt holder, it is a backdrop support used for photography. I bought mine here. Mine's by EOS Lighting but lots of folks make them. I've had mine for probably 5 years, it was a birthday present from my father-in-law. I noticed they've gone up in price since I got mine.
So the next time the hubby asks me what I want for a birthday/holiday gift, I'll be ready with an answer!  Thank you, Thelma!


No comments:

Post a Comment