Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another power outage

When I woke up this morning we had no power.  Luckily it was restored by 9:00 a.m., so aside from not being able to make coffee I wasn't really too inconvenienced.  Alex, however, was late to work because his alarm never went off.  Last night we had intense lightning all evening (no rain, though) yet the power stayed on, and was still on when I got up briefly at 2:30 a.m.  Go figure!  

Yesterday was overcast, and it even sprinkled for a few seconds; but this morning dawned sunny and clear despite predictions of (much needed) rain today.  And even though we're not in as bad a shape as poor Texas these days, most people here would love to see some of that wet stuff falling from the sky, even on a weekend! 
At least we've plummeted to double digits, if only for a couple of days.  Hey - We'll take what we can get!

Last night Tom and I watched Limitless, which we both enjoyed.  I especially liked the special effects.

And now, since it isn't raining, I can go mow some of the yard. It needs it!

Tried to borrow the goats from the church across the street, but that didn't happen. (I do know that these are sheep!)

And THIS better not happen, either...

No comments:

Post a Comment