Friday, September 9, 2011

Alex to the rescue!

"Somehow" (I don't understand what he did, but it doesn't really matter, right?) Alex has made it possible for me to post the funny I wanted to share yesterday.  These husbands landed themselves there by their own actions, right?


In the meantime, I came across a few other quilt smiles -




In the 'Breaking News' Department: I did some mucking of my quilting area yesterday, and there's definitely progress there.  I think I can actually see some of the table now!  Stand by for further announcements...

And as if that wasn't enough excitement, this afternoon I start another school year volunteering Friday afternoons in my favorite 5th grade classroom.  Over the years I have become known as The Walking Dictionary.  The kids, who have to do a certain amount of reading on their own each day, keep an eye out for Stumpers.  If I don't know the meaning of their word, the class gets a point for it.  If, in the course of the year, they can accumulate as many points as there are students in the class I give them an ice cream party in May.  It's great excitement all around when they stump me.  I love it!

Enjoy the weekend.  It's supposed to drop down below 100 here - BIG EXCITEMENT!


No comments:

Post a Comment