Tuesday, April 10, 2018

When Wanda called yesterday morning, I mentioned that I'd be thinking of her since Mary and I were going to lunch at Saffron Jak - which is when Wanda gave me the unwelcome news:



Mary was also disappointed (and we’ll try again on a not-Monday) but at least we were 'spared' the drive over.  Instead, we ended up having a delightful lunch at nearby Noodles and Company. I ordered the Thai green curry shrimp dish (Shrimp with a sweet coconut green curry sauce, rice noodles, pineapple, broccoli, red onion, snap peas, lime, black sesame seeds and cilantro) that was excellent, with just the right amount of tang.


Looking for trouble after we finished eating, we popped into The Other Quilt Shop.  I was good and only shopped the sale shelf (where I picked up the end of a bolt of giraffe fabric with Mom in mind), and Mary had no trouble finding a bunch of fat quarters for an upcoming project.  We had fun voting for this month’s challenge items, based on a cute panel.)  We actually chose the same project, liking how the panel was offset.  (It also came with a stuffed mouse 'friend', which was sitting on the quilt hanger below with an "I'm with him" sign and arrow - though I didn't notice it until after I snapped this picture.)
 


We had hoped to connect with Marcie yesterday (Mary wants advice on her AccuQuilt) but she wasn't back yet from a doctor's appointment.  I did get to peek at the gazebo, where Bill was just finishing up with the roof.



Bill's swamped with work (he's been doing a lot for Mike and Marcie since we recommended his services) and has no idea when he's going to have time to drop by and put up the shelf in the laundry room for me.  No real rush on that, though it will be nice to have.



Thursday I'm helping Marcie shop for a couple of loungers to live underneath their gazebo.  Their backyard is coming along (they have gotten a few more loads of dirt though still need LOTS more before they can even begin to think about landscaping) and at least now, with a pool and some shade, they'll be able to limp through the summer.



My little transplant volunteer salvia is also limping along, though the shade I've provided seems to have helped considerably.  While it still looks somewhat droopy at the end of each afternoon, it definitely perks up nicely overnight.  The true test, of course, will be once the real heat sets in.  We expect to be in the upper 90s later this week, so I hope it's ready for that!


I raked the backyard yesterday, where for some reason the grapefruit tree had dropped a LOT of leaves this year.  But (as usual)  I ran out of space in the trash can before getting all the piles picked up.  Now that the can is empty again, depositing the rest of the leaves is slated for some point today.  Aside from the gym, there's not much else on my agenda, though (again, as usual) I do need to do a little mucking before cleaning ladies arrive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment