Thursday, April 5, 2018

On our way to Mulqueens we stopped at the Quilted Country Bear (so now Marcie knows where another quilt store is) and somehow <g>I found something to come home with me: a panel of the US in which each state is ‘colored in’ with its state flower.  Also found some flannel in a blue jean pattern that will be a great backing for my next blue jean quilt.  Need one of my own since the original one I made now has a permanent home in Tom’s truck.

At Mulqueens we bumped into Ellen, who was there  teaching a class.  Marcie checked out the lightweight (12#) Janome on sale, which would be much easier to schlep to classes or sew days.  She gave it a test-drive, and it did end up coming home with her.  After lunch at Ajo Al’s we stopped at the nursery, where I got a cute little shamrock plant in the “other”color, and then I found the ONLY Chile tepin plant for Marcie.  We've missed ours since we lost it to the frost a few years ago.

This afternoon there was an e-mail from Netflix: Shape of Water is now on its way.  :-) 

Cheri and her grandson Jack stopped in around 5:00 to visit Pokey, except she was already tucked into her burrow under the oleander.  Even with a slice of watermelon I could not lure her out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment