Saturday, April 7, 2018

It's that time of year, when the desirability of a parking space correlates with shade rather than distance.  Look what I scored yesterday morning at the far end of the gym parking lot:


After lunch we picked up Alex's car, and we didn't get a mile down the road when Tom signaled me that we needed to go back; the car wasn't running right. Two test drives and (another) coil later, we headed for home again.  It's definitely a schlep out there (135th Ave.) and at the first gas station (it was running on fumes) he said it's still not running right.  Seems to him it could be a fuel filter issue, but whatever it is Alex will have to deal with it.



Marcie brought me some wash-out stabilizer (so I can try my hand at creating some of the scrap fabric like Perri's), the leftover turquoise and purple "scraps" from her finished top (it's at Jeannie's now), and the now-altered black solar eclipse tee. 



Latina was a little confused by the small cloth Frisbee I'd found while raking yesterday, but we still may get her used to it; it's certainly lightweight enough for her. 



I went back with them to see the current state of construction on the gazebo, which is coming along slowly but surely.  A couple more loads of dirt have arrived since my last visit, but I'm pretty sure their original guesstimate of 6 dump truck loads will not be enough.



Our yard looks lovely (Tom mowed yesterday) though by the time we get irrigation in a week it could possibly need it again. This cycle there are two properties ahead of us on our leg, which bodes well that at least one of them will continue getting water all summer and save us from having to do the gates on 35th Ave.  I will be doing irrigation (Alex and Tom will be fishing in Rocky Point) so I'm delighted that we also got a convenient time instead of the middle of the night: I don't have to let the water go until close to 7 am.  Of course I'll set my alarm, but <g> would be thrilled if I am still asleep then and it wakes me up.



I pulled up some of the grass around the baby volunteer salvia coming up under the host plant - and it pulled up the baby by the roots.  Of course I immediately transplanted it in a bare spot between two of the lantanas, but it looked pretty droopy.  Haven't been out yet this morning to see if it perked up after a good night's sleep....



We watched The Shape of Water last night.  Interesting movie - 



In a bit I am off to Quiltapalooza - so "may" be posting some pix later.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment