Thursday, April 12, 2018

Alex blew in from California at 9:45 Tuesday night (he'd worked that day) and less than 12 hours later he was off again, heading to Rocky Point with Tom for some fishing.  Just thinking about Alex's go-go-go schedule is enough to make me tired!




Just after the guys left yesterday morning, I headed off to Foothills.  For Show-&-Tell I brought the 3 quilts I'd bought at the auction last month (all are slated to be gifts for family, which is why I haven't posted pix of them) and the 2 UFOs headed to Maryland in May for Sierra and Gordon.  I was still working on blind-stitching the binding for Sierra's at the meeting, so Yolanda teased me for it not actually being finished. <G>



Janie was thrilled with the blue fabric I brought her so she can finish up one of her UFOs.  I'd tucked it into my quilting bag almost a month ago, and had actually forgotten about it.  Now I've already reloaded the bag with the various goodies I want to take to next week's Busy Bees meeting, and feeling very organized.



Bella and her crew arrived half an hour early, so it was a good thing that we didn't dawdle after the meeting ended (though would have been nice to hang around some for the after-sew.)  The house is once again nice and clean. 


Spared the ordinary cleaning, I've been doing other long-neglected chores, like removing the lid from the washer and cleaning all the left-over gunk around the hinges.  And last night, when I grilled a couple of steaks (the second one will be instant dinner tonight!) I noticed that the grease pan was full, so this morning I emptied that.



It was somewhat more fun sweeping the deck and cleaning the pool, trimming the suckers (and one weird branch) from the lemon tree out back, and doing some gardening out front. 



Our orchid tree is looking lovely,
though it certainly makes a mess of the deck and pool.  


I'd scooped and swept right before I took this pic -
but ten minutes later you'd never know it.



Now it's time to get ready for the rest of my day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment