Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Despite on-going issues with my arm I had a good workout at the gym yesterday.  I still never 'enjoy' my time at the gym (and am always happy when my half-hour session is done!) and thus got a chuckle out this funny that came across my FB feed yesterday:



Now that warm weather is just around the corner (it's still only about 90 this week) I started working on some of my tank tops.  I'm going for comfort during the heat of summer, and "not likely" to capture the look below.... LOL


I need to take out serged seams so the straps can be taken up an inch or so but without an uncomfortable lump at my shoulder.  Many of the arm-holes are way too big, showing many inches of bra - and sleevage.


It took a lot longer than I had expected, and (unsurprisingly) the black thread on the black tank-top was the most difficult to remove... but in the end will make for a much more comfortable seam.  At least it'll be done correctly (which, of course, means not by me!)  I'd never really paid attention, and just assumed the fabric was hemmed; turns out it's got separate pieces of fabric serged onto both sides of the raw-edge tank top.  Who knew?



Later in the afternoon I transplanted a volunteer plant (salvia family?) for the hummingbirds.  It had come up next door to the original volunteer plant, but under one of the lantanas.  I love the vibrant red blooms - and so do the little guys.


Now it can fill-in-the-blank between two other lantanas instead. 
Shortly after the transplant (below) it did seem a tad droopy.


Once it got light this morning I could see that it settled in well overnight
and seems to have survived the trauma well.


I've also planted a bunch of the seeds from some stalks after they finished blooming.  Will keep watering and watching to see if dirt brings forth any seedlings in the next week or so!


The cilantro is still holding its own, though could look better.


I continue to trim the oleander and lantana by the side walk-through, encouraging thick instead of spindly growth, the goal being to eventually hide the gate from the street.


I'm definitely making progress, and looking forward to seeing how it looks at the end of this year's growing season, before it turns into Hot Tub Season!


Still thinking about what to put over/around the hot tub after I get one next fall.  The openness in that back corner is nice, except I will need something to keep things (radio, candles, towel & robe, etc.) dry from rain... plus definitely will want protection from cold winter winds!



Last night I deviled the eggs; need the largest batch for a 'thing' at Busy Bees today, and the rest for Book Club this evening.  Had been invited to 'get into trouble' at Mulqueens today, but since I don't know when the BB program will end (I don't remember what the program is) and have to leave for book club around 5:30 it'll work out better that we have shuffled that trip off to tomorrow instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment