Sunday, April 8, 2018

PAQA's Quiltapalooza yesterday - what fun! 

We chuckled over these friendly reminders:





But if none of those sound drastic enough, this one might...


 
The Black-and-White-Plus-One entries were from a challenge. 
These are the ones I especially liked.








This would have been a fun class to take -







And so would this class:







Basic quilts -




and this one


came with pillowcases to match.



batik beauty!



Southwest pottery



I've always like the Storm At Sea pattern, with the illusions of curves.
Yes, it's on The List.


This rainbow color play would require a little more attention than the one above, but of course it is more dramatic.



Some more animals at the show:


"Had two black cats, so what's a few more?"


I was wearing my ladybug tank yesterday -
should have gotten a pic in front of this happy quilt. 





This was a Mystery Quilt.  I've used that ribbon as a border (on Zach & Bekka's wedding quilt) but here it's more of an integral part of the pattern.



Some with a bit of an outdoor theme:




This quilt seems to fit well in this category; it reminds me of butterflies.



This photo quilt no doubt is destined to be a treasured heirloom!




It was a small show, and didn't take too long, even shopping at the vendors.  As long as we were already practically halfway to 42nd St. and Indian School we decided to visit the Bernina Connection.  Our thought was to surprise Perri at the embroidery class that kept her from joining us... but the surprise was on us since she hadn't felt well enough to attend.  However Marcie did find the special screwdriver she's been needing for her Bernina... and I found some fabric that begged to come home with me.



We lunched across the street at The Wildflower Bread Company (Marcie had never been) and I certainly enjoyed my salad, even though I had to pass on the yummy bread.  (Assume they don't get very many requests for "no bread" with their meals!)



My new salvia transplant was very droopy yesterday afternoon (too much sun?) but happily by this morning it had perked up and looks as good as new.  I've parked a potted plant in front of it to protect it today, hoping that will do the trick.



Had a (cluster?) headache all of yesterday, the kind that sends pain to my teeth/jaw and ear on that side, and makes that eye tear.  (Didn't notice a droopy eye - but then I wasn't looking for one.)  


Tylenol did help, and though not nearly as bad today the headache is still hanging around.  May be the reason I didn't sleep terribly well, and have been up since 4:00.  At least I have gotten a lot done in the yard and (once Tom woke up) around the house.  Only other thing on my agenda is a trip to Target once the dryer finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment