Thursday, November 16, 2017

Yesterday afternoon I took the chicks outside to eat bugs.  When I saw a line of tiny ants crawling near my chair I thought I'd "show them" to Kevin.  Let's just say the chick led me on a merry chase, running through the fork in the tree.  I'd go to that side and it would run back the other way.  This "game" went on a LONG time.



A little later Latina came by for a visit, and again enjoyed running around on the grass - and hanging out with Pokey. 





Latina has cleared her schedule so as to be available the Friday that Lisa and Logan will be visiting.  However there is a definite wrinkle for my perfectly planned day then.


The latest irrigation schedule was posted yesterday, and it couldn't be any worse!  I have the privilege of doing the gates up on 35th Ave. a little before 5:00 am that morning, and then we'll get water from 5:14 am to 7:14 am.  That means when Lisa and Logan arrive at the house mid-morning the yard will be underwater; so much for playing with Pokey, Latina, and the chicks out there.


Logan loves animals, so I really thought the day I had planned for him would be absolutely perfect and he'd take back wonderful memories of his time here with us.



Alex got back from camping around dinnertime yesterday, and they had a wonderful time.  It was nippy here Tuesday evening so we assumed they would be cold up there - but apparently their campfire did the trick.   Pretty exciting evening: Alex said they got to see the "huge" meteor streaking through the sky - and shortly afterward felt the ground shake from impact! (They were camping outside Camp Verde, which is between Phoenix and Flagstaff.)


Nick Moskovitz, an astronomer with the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, agreed that the meteor was rather small, despite the immense glow. "The meteor is probably larger than a marble and smaller than a human," Moskovitz said. "Around a football size."  The meteor is believed to have left debris between Flagstaff and Phoenix east of Interstate 17, Moskovitz said. It happened around 8:30 p.m.

Turned out the third time was not the charm <LOL> and Dennis had to cancel again yesterday.  We are trying again for today (when it's our turn to cancel?)  At least we are both able to laugh about the ridiculousness of the situation.  After I agreed we'd try again today, he texted "see you tomorrow" and I texted back "maybe"; he found that funny!


Today's agenda includes waiting for a conference call from Becky at 11:30.  In the meantime, I should be able to get more wax off the new tile, and Goo Gone the residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment