Saturday, November 11, 2017

Marcie and I had a wonderful day at the bluegrass festival.  Today's competitions (which she especially enjoyed, even though the judges didn't always agree with our expert opinions....) were for Specialty Duets, Family Bands, Banjo, and Mandolin.  The weather was absolutely perfect (though about noon we had to move out of the sun into the shaded grandstand) and the band sets in between the competitions were excellent.



I brought the placemats with me to work on, and did get more of the binding done - at least when I wasn't eating kettle corn.  Actually set a new personal record today.  <g>  Instead of getting it right away upon arrival like I usually do, I waited until the afternoon (12:01 to be exact!) to buy it.  And even with Marcie 'helping' me, I still was able to bring a hefty portion of it home for Tom.



Cesar had just finished and was packing up when I got home - the floor looks wonderful!  And that's without the t-moldings between the wood and tile, which can't go on until we replace the baseboards.  So it's not quite finished, but at least we were able to bring the kitchen table back in (it's a definite plus having somewhere to sit and eat) and took down the plastic sheeting covering my quilt table/shelves. 



We opened up floor space in the living room when Cesar took the three boxes of kitchen stuff we had culled (he said his wife would be really thrilled with that whole box of coffee mugs) and all the glass shelves from the kitchen hutch cabinets.  Tomorrow we plan start filling the upper kitchen cabinets (with dishes, glasses, etc.) which will empty at least some of boxes that are currently filling what used to be the computer room.

 

When I walked out to the shop to let Tom know I was home, I could see an animal just sitting by the hedge behind the guest house. At first I thought it was a small coyote, then maybe a fox - or possibly a very large cat. Of course before we could get close enough to tell it got spooked by our approach and disappeared behind the hedge into the irrigation ditch.  Since the neighbor's ditch is hidden by huge volunteer scrub we couldn't tell where it fled to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment