Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Should have taken the placemats with me
to work on during the Busy Bees meeting this morning!


Those who participated in this Challenge (I had enough on my plate and skipped this one) drew a paint chip card and had to use those colors with the Challenge fabric.


The names of all who participated were put in a bag, and I got to pull out one.  Here's the winner Donna, with the block she made; she gets to take them all home and turn them into a quilt.




Louise gave a trunk show with lots of pretty quilts;
here are just some of them.

This one is 2-sided:



Did you notice the photograph of her quilting Partners in Crime?  Louise had another name for the group, but it escapes me at the moment.



These bunnies are just too adorable!



Her hand-appliqued quilt is gorgeous - and (surprisingly) is the only quilt Louise has ever entered in the big AQG show.  Unfortunately that year the Best of Show quilt was in that same category, so she had stiff competition.



Happy rag dolls:



Adding snowflakes to her Rail Fence gives it extra pizazz.



These snowmen hang over her couch in the winter.



Pretty redwork on this Fourth of July quilt -



Another cute Fourth of July quilt; Uncle Sam's hands are 3D
so they can hold flags when this quilt is displayed.



I made a quilt like this for Tami, who likes Gingerbread Men.



Two happy heart quilts: 




Next we did the program to remember Joni.  Some of the quilts were gifts from Joni, others were ones the ladies made in a class Joni taught.  


IF I remember correctly, Joni made this one for Louise.



I remember this class; I bought fabric for it on my way home from the airport on Tuesday (I'd been in Maryland) for the Wednesday class.  Got one block made...  Even though hers came out beautiful, Louise did say that she will NEVER make this pattern again, and I think that was pretty much everyone's feeling.  



Can't remember the story behind this one  :-( 



This 4-Patch Posey was popular; a lot of ladies made one of these.



Sharon took the appliqued basket class 


and a redwork one.



Jan made a 4-Patch Posey


and did Joni's year-long Row quilt:



Sandy shared the Friendship Star quilt Joni made for her.



From Joni's bargello class:

Carol K's table runner


and Patty's quilt:



I took Joni's Snowball class, and made Alex's high school graduation quilt with critter focus fabrics; Patty made a small wall-hanging. 



She also made a 4-Patch Posey.


I missed the Twisted Sister class (it's on my Someday List)
and like this one Laura whipped up.



Then it was time for "regular" Show & Tell.  Here are Patty, Nancy, Laura and Betsy
with their completed block carriers from a recent class.






I was happy that some of "my" bags, from the class I taught in September, showed up;
they're all going to be holiday gifts.

Louise is going to fill hers with dog and cat goodies before gifting them.


Sharon has four done, and I think she said some more are under construction.



Apparently when she showed them at the Daisy Mountain meeting, the ladies clamored for a class.  Sharon asked me "if it would be okay" if she uses my pattern/directions.  When I got over being speechless (this is SHARON we're talking about!) of course I said it would be okay.



The ladies did all say that my directions were very clear. 
Guess it's all the Special Education experience!



Betsy's really been busy...
and these aren't even all the projects she brought in today!






Peggy has also been busy, making dolls (each one with an incredible outfit) and animals
for the Shriners to give to kids.


This teddy bear is made from teddy bear fabric, and doubly sure to delight.


All for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment