Friday, November 10, 2017

After my phone registered that the charging was complete last night it STILL wouldn’t work.  While the back will fly off if I drop the phone, naturally after many, many tries to get it to slide off “at my command” I switched to Plan B - but Tom couldn't get it off either! Luckily there are lots more letters in the alphabet <g> and when I cruised over to the back house Alex came to the rescue!



It took Alex a while to get the cover off (and when he also had difficulty he 'suggested’  that maybe we should just drop it on the floor <g> since that has usually worked in the past….) After he removed the battery, waited a short bit, and then reseated it, IT WORKED!  And (AT LEAST FOR THE MOMENT) this morning it appeared that it still wants to work. Still, definitely need to look into a new phone as soon as “it’s convenient”.



I caught up on laundry last night, and this morning relocated everything I think I will need (anyone one want to lay bets on what and/or how many things I've forgotten?) out of that bathroom.  Cesar is doing the rest of the tile today, and once he gets to that hallway there won't be access to the laundry room or bathroom.  I hadn't realized (until he reminded me to grab my laptop from the living room) that that room will shortly also be off limits until tomorrow morning.  




**********


On the way home from the gym I stopped at Verizon (never noticed there was one at 43rd & Bell until I asked Alex where the closest one is - and it certainly turned out to be incredibly convenient.) Even better, I was able to get a virtual clone of my old phone!  I'm ecstatic that there won't be much of a learning curve, and since Gustavo transferred all my contacts for me I'm pretty much set to go!



When I got home it was fortuitous that I noticed the gate into the front yard by the garage was pushed open.  Of course I immediately checked the front for Pokey, and sure enough she was just this side of the LOW wall next to the street, though luckily she had not yet decided to climb over.  Took me a while (and some lettuce) to coax her all the way across the front yard and into the back yard to safely. 



The pool guy obviously hadn't latched the gate properly despite a sign I put there about where to push so it does close - and we're not at all happy about it!


As soon as Pokey was safely inside the yard I called PoolMan and (calmly) spoke to Mariela in Customer Service, explaining why I needed to speak to the supervisor in charge of whichever service technician screwed up (since he didn't leave the usual form we had no way of knowing.) Ben called me back quite promptly, and was very apologetic and understanding.  He agreed wholeheartedly that not closing a gate properly is unacceptable, and let me know that company policy (meant to encourage their employees to close all gates behind them) is to dock their pay when they don't. Guess he missed this sign?


Unfortunately this is not the first time this gate hasn't been closed properly.  Because the latch sometimes doesn't  automatically close is exactly the reason I wrote clear (I thought!) instructions on the gate, to prevent it from happening again.   (That first time, like today, it was someone filling in for our regular guy.) 



Of course it was fun at the fabric store sale, where (with Marcie's help) I picked out the fabrics for Tami's first quilt project.  Tami had been worried about choosing ones that 'would go together' and seemed a little stressed about that step (my favorite part!!!) so now that's done for her.


By the time I got home Cesar was getting close to finishing, working on all those last pieces of tile around the various edges that need to be cut to size. It sure is looking great, and if I'm this thrilled with the spacers in and no grout, just think how happy I'll be this time tomorrow!



Off to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment