Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I needed to get something in the mail today, and because I'm parking out back instead of in the garage or driveway I spaced out putting it in the mailbox.  No biggie; on the way to the gym I figured I'd just swing by the post office.  Almost there, driving on 59th north of Union Hills, I noticed a car up ahead pulled over in the "cut out" (like a bus pullout) just past the street for Midwestern. Just as I was virtually even with him (in his blind spot?) he decided to pull out into traffic - and IF I hadn't been paying attention and laid on my horn he would have plowed right into me.   After I passed him and looked back he backed up (in theory into oncoming traffic) and then made the turn he'd missed.  Just my daily reminder <sigh> to pay attention out there!

I had left early enough to make a stop at Winco before my workout (I needed bottled water for my contribution to tomorrow's pot luck, and also picked up a few ingredients so I can whip up some more trail mix.)  It was a good workout, at least until the very end, when I pulled a muscle on my last set of the last machine.  Sigh...

Had a long chat with Alex, and caught up on things.  He made great inroads mucking out the closet in his room, which made me happy, and tried out the "new" dishwasher today, which made him happy. Paid a bunch of bills that were trying to get lost in the shuffle (car insurance, house insurance, etc.) because my desk has become a catch-all these days with the kitchen out of commission.

Lisa sent me a long e-mail with sleep info I requested, some of which I already knew (about avoiding all electronic screens) and some I didn't.  Haven't yet had a chance to check out all the links she sent, but maybe tomorrow.

Patti swung by after work today to check out our new cabinets (Regis was almost finished by then) and she agrees with me that they look wonderful.  (It turns out we are going to get a replacement door for one, because of scratches it suffered during transport - but even after they were pointed out to me I could barely see them!)  Regis also found some planks and laid them along the sink side and the island, so now we actually have some place to put things down during the next several weeks until the counter tops arrive.

We headed over to Marcie and Mike's for dinner, and Alex came with us.  We all thoroughly enjoyed the feast she'd prepared (she also sent us home with all the leftovers for dinner tomorrow.)  After Alex left to head to the gym, Marcie said how much she had enjoyed watching Alex enjoy his meal!  He should get a charge out of that when I tell him tomorrow.

I caught up on some of my taped shows and now it's time for bed.  Need to get up and going in the morning; tomorrow is Foothill's annual Pat Knoechel Quilt-in-a-Day program, followed by the  Thanksgiving potluck, and I need to be there by 9:00 (after picking up Marcie and Nyla) to greet our guests.

I'll miss the granite guys measuring tomorrow (some time between 8-12) so Tom will get to have that fun all by himself.  By the time I get home in the early afternoon I hope to see some tile progress, though I'm not sure what time Cesar will be able to start because he's doing a night job at a processing plant in Tolleson. 

Sorry about no pictures today - late getting this written and posted - but should manage some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment