Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When Alex came over the other day, I took a picture of him that I forgot to post.  What a perfect shirt for him <g>, and (no doubt) a contributing factor to why his parents are getting gray hair!  (Notice the hospital 'bracelet' he has on.)

Foothills Quilting was a lot of fun today, but I was a little stressed getting there in time.  I woke up at 4:00, much too late to take a sleep aid.  At that point I figured I was up for the day <sigh> but stayed in bed, figuring relaxing would be of some benefit at least.  The last time I looked at the time it was 5:00 - and then I (obviously) fell back asleep because the next thing I knew it was 9:00.  
Quick coffee, shower, and meds, and then raced off.  (Now that we're no longer meeting at the library it takes me considerably longer than 5 minutes to get there.) I did remember to take the thermorest cushions the ladies had ordered, and my Show&Tells (wedding quilt, baby bib, and hot pads) - but forgot my camera.  At least this time I remembered I could use my phone in a pinch, although the pix are not nearly as good.

Yolanda brought in 8 stunning large blocks (each one different, but with the same vibrant colors) that she'd found at Goodwill (she knew we would not believe her, so she left the tags on).  

What really blew us away was what she paid for them... what a coup!!!
And on top of that (as if that price wasn't beyond amazing to begin with), she got a senior discount (!) so for less than $8 she will end up with a beautiful quilt top!  Just goes to show you never know what you'll find! 

Carolyn gave a tutorial on the Foothills site she and Linda set up on Shutterfly.  Very well done, and chock full of info.  Some of it is for Members Only, but the rest of you can still see lots of pix.  Enjoy!

And Mary said the sweetest thing to me.  She is such a dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment