Saturday, April 13, 2013

Picked up a book at the library; I heard an interview with the author on NPR, and it sounds like a good read.

 On the way home I stopped in at Home Depot to pick up a baby oleander.  It has a big job - to grow enough to block the walk-through gate from view from the street.  

Tom's been letting the 'bush' beside it grow to hide the gate, but that makes entry difficult - the gate needs to swing outward.  Once the oleander grows enough we can keep the bush trimmed back, but I expect it may take longer than usual - that spot doesn't get much sunlight.  I had pre-dug the hole, filling it with water to make digging easier (irrigation doesn't get up that close to the house) so the actual planting part was pretty easy.  

And unlike Don, I did not find any arrowheads in the process.  

"Found on ground on ranch while digging up cactus."


The rest of my afternoon was pretty dull.... I took another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment