Saturday, April 6, 2013

I was pretty worn out after visiting all of the K-6 classes yesterday, although I sure had a blast.  The kids get so excited when they see me, and hopefully it's helped get them excited about learning their vocabulary words each week.  
However I was pretty wiped out, and napped some in the afternoon.  So did Tom (the strep test at the doctor was inconclusive, so he's on antibiotics until we get the results on a more definitive test next week.)  This morning he's feeling considerably better (let's hear it for modern medicine!) although my back is definitely squawking after being on my feet yesterday for 3 hours.  

So this morning I took a nice long soak in the hot tub with the jets on high;  
that mini-massage helped some, at least temporarily.

The kids will be doing AIMS testing next week, so the classes have been reviewing this week.  I loved how Diane had the Olympics theme playing as motivation when each class entered her classroom.
  

Of course all three of her classes pounced on their vocabulary words, but one 2nd grade class and one 3rd grade class got totally stumped by their words ('contribution' and 'advantage').  They were lucky I had left my froggie magic wand in the car by mistake, or I might have turned them into frogs... <G> 

No comments:

Post a Comment