Monday, April 29, 2013

Sunday was a family day. My cousin Rachelle came to brunch with Bob, her Significant Other. She had told me about him when she was in Phoenix in January, and I was looking forward to meeting him. The four of us had a great time, and Mom and I enjoyed getting to know him. In the Trivia Department: Rachelle was surprised to find that she's not the only 'list maker' to add something to a 'to do' list after it's already completed just for the sheer satisfaction of crossing it off. :)


After they left, Mom and I headed over to visit her parents, my Uncle Allen and Aunt Helen. Allen is Dad's younger brother, and looking at him is almost like seeing Dad again. By the time we left their place it was starting to rain. We adjusted our original plan of going out to dinner later and instead we picked up some takeout Chinese on the way home.

In the evening we played some rummikub and then while Mom made some phone calls I finished up the last season of Prison Break. The surprises just kept coming, and I have to admit that it did not end the way I expected.

Today Cindy (who lives in Great Falls, VA) drove over and joined us for lunch at The Pub. We met at the beach years ago when our daughters Lisa and Haley became friends, and continued to rendezvous for our annual week at the beach every year after that. She and Haley are leaving on Thursday to visit family in Colorado (where they've had some recent serious snow... and more predicted for Wednesday. Meanwhile, back home in AZ it's supposed to be 101 today. Go figure!) The three of us enjoyed reminiscing and catching up; last time I was in visiting Mom we couldn't get together because Cindy was out of town

It's been raining off and on today (as predicted) and is going to be rather cool for the next several days. It appears that I may not have brought enough warm clothes with me.

Mom's off for an early dinner downstairs before her Monday night bridge game. I'm certainly not hungry after our late lunch; my plan for this evening is some reading and TV, and then the leftover Chinese whenever I finally do get hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment