Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Enjoyed my afternoon jaunt with Mary (I always enjoy her company) though neither one of us was particularly impressed with Quiltz's new store set-up.  Although the clerk assured us that it's the same square footage, it did not seem so to us.  Mary was unable to find fabrics in the necessary requested color scheme for her project, so her Quiltz gift card went unspent.  On the way home we drove by their previous location (I was looking for another store I thought was in the same strip mall) and all the stores there seem to have been vacated.  If we hadn't seen signs for 'coming soon' businesses we would assume the center was being torn down.  
As Dad used to say, 'Tis a mystery!

During the rest of the afternoon I got my hot pads quilted, and the binding is now on two of the three.  Here's the Friendship Star (with cactus) all finished.  (Remember it has the pretty blooming cactus fabric on the back.)

I needed (much!) help from Alex (via texting) to put the front and back of the Mimbres turtles into one picture.  

In theory I will remember how to do this next time.... or not! <G>


No comments:

Post a Comment