Friday, April 26, 2013

My last chemo was anti-climactic; as expected, I slept through most of it - and then some!  The brownies were a bit hit with the staff and other patients; everyone wanted to know where I got them, so there could be a run on Safeway brownies today! My phone rang and woke me up about 90 minutes after Tonya removed my 'feeding' tube; it was Alex, wondering where I was.  He had stopped by the house to congratulate me on finishing up.  

When I got home a little before 2:00 Tom's truck was here but he was gone.  It turned out that he and Alex had gone out for lunch together.  I stretched out on my bed to watch more of the last season of PB (working hard to finish up the series before I leave tomorrow) and ate a late lunch/early dinner of leftover smoked brisket, which was just as good cold as the night before. 
Some time around 6:00 I went back into nap mode, and didn't wake up again until midnight.  (Tom had said that Alex was going to stop in again later after class, but if he did I was fast asleep.)  Lay there for a while, and then took my trusty little blue pill, which I haven't needed for some time.  So I got a really good night's sleep... slept in until a little after 7:00  Of course I immediately got on the computer and logged in to get my Eager Beaver boarding number for tomorrow, which turned out to be B16.


That should be high enough to get me my seat of preference, the aisle in the next-to-the-last row (easy access to the bathroom, and the seatback will recline.)  It's also the kids' section, but of course I don't mind that.  In fact I enjoy it.

Today is irrigation and the final stage of packing.  Otherwise, it's relax-and-watch-PB-on-Netflix-day.  I think I am now about halfway through the final season; it'll be iffy as to whether I can actually get to the end, which I assume will have a Happy Ending.

A lot of you have been asking if I'll still be blogging while I'm gone.  It turns out I will have access to wifi at Mom's in the common area at Riderwood, as well as on certain areas of the boat in France.  But since I still haven't figured out how to include pix when blogging via my iPad (if it's even possible?) entries will be text only.  Sorry for the loss of the entertainment factor!

No comments:

Post a Comment