Monday, September 3, 2012

When I logged on this morning, Google had a birthday banner up and wished me a happy day.  Such a nice, personal touch.  <g>

Driving down to Tucson yesterday afternoon we watched the storm roll in, and did get caught in a downpour just as the GPS gave us a weather warning.  But it didn't last too long, and although we were just a few miles from Lisa's house, she didn't get that rain!

After a tour of her place (nice big house) the next order of business was opening her gifts.  I'm happy to say that she seemed pleased with our choices: Citadel game, pasta bowls, utensils, and cookbook. 





Then we were off to dinner at a Sushi place she wanted try.  (They didn't have any candles for her dessert, but did write Happy Birthday in chocolate syrup around the edge of her plate.)  Tom and I headed back to Phoenix right after dinner.  Wise plan - I had a hard time keeping my eyes open on the drive home (good thing he drove!) and fell into bed as soon as we walked in the door!

Today I get to celebrate and open gifts!
:-)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment