Sunday, September 2, 2012

Irrigation went off without a hitch Saturday 'morning' and everything got a good drink. Although I had to get up at 2:20 I was back in bed by 2:30; and thanks to Lunesta (better living through chemistry, folks) I was soon able to return to dreamland. And since I had fed Sapphire in the middle of the night she thoughtfully let me sleep in, for which I was very grateful. (Of course I hope she doesn't start to expect middle-of-the-night food delivery from now on!)

The rest of my day was pretty lazy.  I worked on a name bib for Diane's grandson Brayden, and may finish that up later today on the drive down to Tucson to take Lisa out for her birthday dinner.

Assume you'll forgive me if I take a stroll down Nostalgia Lane.  

Here I am with the Birthday Girl on her very first birthday, September 2, 1991.  She was rarely so dressed up, but she certainly did look especially cute in all her finery.
No real surprise that we both looked a tad younger then.  This photo was snapped in the Penguin Room (part of our huge kitchen in Kingman) while accepting birthday wishes across the miles. 

And of course what birthday would be complete without presents?

 Or a cake?!  Notice how I am holding it just out of her reach for the obligatory photo!

I quickly peeled her down to her eating duds (AKA her diaper) "just in case" she got messy... and gave her something a little more her size: a cupcake.

She dove right in!

This is a happy birthday girl! Of course chocolate tends to do that to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment