Thursday, September 6, 2012

I was right!
Wait a minute... that's not always a good thing. I got confirmation at radiation today that my 'sun'burn will get worse before it gets better.

And when I asked about the burn rash on my back, it turns out that the radiation goes all the way through my body.  This being my first experience with radiation I am surprised that it affects the skin back there, and wish they'd been clearer up front (no pun intended) about needing to be proactive with the Aquaphor cream back there.  But it does explain why it's worse on the back side,where I wasn't applying the cream.

I also asked for a general timetable with respect to how long it will take for my skin to recover after treatment is complete.  It turns out that the radiation will continue to affect me for awhile, so it could be 4-6 weeks after completion before I'm done with the after-effects.  Can't say that news thrilled me...but

Now off to see the surgeon.  Not exactly sure why, but assume it's just a standard post-op check.

No comments:

Post a Comment